The new page is at
Coming soon new update.
NOTE: Under Construction
Last updated 3/2/1997
Welcome to the MBench Home Page
MBench is a replacement for the workbench part of the AmigaOS.
Download Problem Fixed
This picture shows MBench running on an 800x600 screen. It shows the font sensitive
information requester aswell as rename, open location and copy and delete operations taking place all at the same time.
MBench takes the existing workbench as a starting point and tries to improve on it in a number of areas. The current specification of MBench is:
- Internally multitasking, load files, open windows, copy files etc... all at the same time.
- User definable quick start menu for launching programs or scripts. Just drag icons to the StartMenu: drawer to add new items.
- More user friendly, progress requesters and full context sensitive online help.
- improved list view modes, sort items by clicking on the headers.(registered version only)
- Arexx support to allow easy and powerfull expansion.
- works on any Amiga running OS2.04+.
- optional full display of files in list mode, so you can manipulate just icons, files or both.
- floating tool bars.(via external utilities)
- fully font sensitive.
- full keyboard short cuts.
- directly open a window for any location.
- enhanced information requesters.
- history buffers in execute file, open location, ... windows.
- modular design allowing easy upgrading and more efficient
- context sensative help, including floating help bubbles.
MBench is to be released as FREEWARE. You will be able to freely distribute MBench and use it with no obligations. You are encouraged to register (for free), by sending me an e-mail, so that I can give you information on updates aswell as keep track of how usefull MBench is.
There will also be an enhanced version of MBench that will feature the list view modes mentioned above that will be available for a fee of 10 Pounds + P&P.
Download Beta versions here.
Updates to MBench are posted here.
See the MBench FAQ for answers to some of your queries.
Please feel free to e-mail me at :
(NOTE) As I am at university, my e-mail is changing depending on if it is term time or not. My current contact address will always be available from this site.
This page has been accessed times.
Some other links: